Try to find out who to turn to if you need help. Is there a formal way of making a complaint? Teacher unions/organisations may be able to offer advice. Find out about the unions in the recruiting country (a directory is available on the homepage of the portal) and the services they can offer, and join a union when you arrive. High Commissions and Embassies are other sources of information.